8.16.2011

OKstupid

My freshman year I signed up for a OkCupid account. I was sort of led to it out of fear of going to an all-lady school and my greater ambition to perfect an online profile picture.
Mostly, I liked taking the quizzes and getting an affirming email once a week, 'Yo girl, I have never seen such a beautifull smile =] ;), want to send pics??"
Well, I'm not crazy about the addendum, but it comes with the 'package.'

I recently revamped my okcupid account to more accurately describe my online romantic persona. My first step was to remove "interested in poetry.' I love poetry, like I really love it down to its core. I study Renaissance lyric and nerd out over Lady Mary Wroth but I really expect no one to share that interest with me. I thought at the time, I would put it out there, because it is a part of who I am, but after the umpteenth message sent in limerick form about why I should give this dude a chance, I had to remove it.

I also manned (woman'd? womyn'd?) up and admitted that I am really serious about zodiac signs. I like to pretend I'm not. I cringe to think that I am turning into that lady that might not marry a man because her palm reader told her it'd be a bad idea. But the truth is, I will probably not respond to you if you aren't a Leo or Sagittarius. I didn't set out to discriminate, but I've never ever been romantically involved with anyone who wasn't one of those two signs. Sorry, y'all. But, in my never ending hypocritical cycle of love, I would not be interested in a dude who was like SORRY LIBRA LADIES, THIS HUNK ONLY HITS ON ARIES' ASS

Anyways, I'm basically trying to redo my profile to be as honest as possible. This is what it would ideally look like:
Name
Kady "not from Mean girls" Ashcraft
Interests
Watching Say Yes to the Dress, Biking around my neighborhood in booty shorts, reading obituaries, hot rollers
Five Things You Can't Live Without
Say Yes to the Dress, Sags, Leos, my inhaler, q-tips
Most Private thing you are willing to admit
i love my butt...
Conact me if
You are a skateboarder, (my attractions have no matured since 8th grade...)

No comments:

Post a Comment