8.03.2011

Fedorable

I've reached a point in the development of my personal style where I know what flatters me, and mostly what doesn't flatter me. But I also really believe that you could put anything on your body and as long as you're like "Duh, This is a dress that everyone should be jealous of", then people will get with it. Maybe it doesn't matter if it actually flatters you or not, just if you give off the air it does.

BUT there is one fashion item that contradicts all sense and nonsense and confidence levels, and that is the FEDORA.
Here is what I mean: I could never in my right mind put on a fedora and feel good about myself. I would be constantly wondering if everyone around me thought I wrote jazzy scat poetry. I would burry myself into a deep little embarrassed hole that wouldn't be covered by my tiny, cute hat. Maybe people would think I was going through a quarter-life crisis.

However when I see a lady wearing a fedora at a restaurant, on the street, on the train, on the television I immediately assume they are they are the coolest, sassiest, most fabulously bossy goddess creature to walk the earth.
Example A:
Lindsay Lohan is a trainwreck, we all know this. But when she wears this fedora it's like you want to dip out of her way or she will be late for that business meeting she is dressed so professionally trendy for.

Example B:
Katie Holmes, aka Tom's Stepford wife is TAKING CONTROL OF HER OWN LIFE. Fedoras are empowering. Check out the urgency, originating from within.
Those are two decent fedora examples so I won't go on. I was going to put up a photo of my own fedora attempt but it is so genuinely embarrassing. I look like an old man checking out young spring chickens or whatever. I literally look so creepy and sort of like Samantha Ronson, but mostly like an old man.

Anyways, at the end of the day, if you can rock a fedora power to you sister. You will have an easier time being my boss. I will respect you and be jealous of your hat donning abilities/

Ciao bellas

No comments:

Post a Comment